If breastfeeding is uncomfortable or you need help with position or latching, see a breastfeeding peer counselor or lactation consultant right away. Call your local WIC office or 1-855-550-6667 for breastfeeding help.
Call your doctor if your baby:
- Does not regain his birth weight by 2 weeks of age.
- Has fewer than 6 wet diapers by his sixth day of life.
- Has fewer than 3 stools a day by his third day or life.
- Will not wake up to nurse at least 8 times a day.
- Falls asleep or stops nursing immediately after latching.