- Eat a variety of foods.
- Eat to satisfy your hunger, at least 1800 calories a day.
- Drink to satisfy your thirst. If you are not usually thirsty, make sure you sip on water each time you nurse your baby.
- Limit caffeinated drinks to no more than three servings per day.
Eat fish—it has healthy fat that is good for you and your baby. Avoid fish that are high in contaminants, using the guidelines below.
- Avoid: shark, swordfish, tilefish and king mackerel.
- Limit to 6 oz. a week: albacore tuna, tuna steaks, freshwater fish caught by family and friends.
- Eat 8 to 12 oz. a week: any ocean, coastal and other commercial fish/shellfish like shrimp, salmon, pollock, catfish, canned light tuna & mackerel, tilapia, mahi mahi, scallops, crab, lobster, sardines and anchovies.
Breastfeeding Support 24/7: 855-550-6667